By Mayo Clinic Employees
To more reduce the unwanted fat and cholesterol in this recipe, use 1/2 cup egg substitute rather of the 1 egg and 2 egg whites.
Selection of servings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- eight ounces chopped mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unwanted fat-free of charge bitter product
- three ounces lean ham, chopped (about 1 1/four cups)
- 6 ounces shredded lower-unwanted fat Swiss cheese
- 1 all set-designed nine-inch pie crust
Heat the oven to 350 F.
Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Add the onions and mushrooms and prepare dinner over medium heat until finally tender.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the egg, egg whites and bitter product. Stir in the sauteed onions, ham and cheese. Pour the combination into the unbaked pie shell.
Bake until finally the quiche is established and flippantly browned, about forty minutes. Slice into 6 wedges and provide right away.
Nutritional evaluation per serving
Serving sizing: 1 wedge
- Overall unwanted fat 10 g
- Calories 224
- Protein 16 g
- Cholesterol 48 mg
- Overall carbohydrate 16 g
- Nutritional fiber 1 g
- Monounsaturated unwanted fat four g
- Saturated unwanted fat three g
- Included sugars g
- Sodium 473 mg
- Trans unwanted fat Trace
- Overall sugars three g
- Protein and dairy 1
- Fats 1
- Carbohydrates 1
- Grains and grain products and solutions 1
- Meats, poultry and fish 1
- Fats and oils 2
- Meat and meat substitutes 1
- Fats 2
- Starches 1
July 14, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Foods Lover’s Companion. 3rd ed. New York, N.Y.: Barron’s Instructional Sequence 2001.
- The Mayo Clinic Williams-Sonoma Cookbook. Menlo Park, Calif.: Oxmoor Dwelling 2001.