What are swift tests?
Fast tests, also recognized as swift diagnostic tests or RDTs, are uncomplicated-to-use tests that supply fast outcomes, usually in 20 minutes or much less. Not like most normal tests, which have to be sent to a lab, swift tests are carried out and supply outcomes at the level of care. The level of care is the area in which you are getting care. It can include your provider’s place of work, a clinic, or even your possess household.
Rapids tests usually include the next steps:
- You will supply a sample of your body fluid, this sort of as blood, urine, saliva, or nasal secretions.
- The sample is mixed with a exclusive compound that will lead to a chemical response if a ailment or other issue is existing.
- Outcomes will show on a dipstick or swift test cassette.
- A dipstick is a slender, plastic strip that is coated with chemical substances. If the test is optimistic, the dipstick will improve hues when positioned in the sample.
- A swift test cassette is a modest, plastic circumstance that has a nicely that holds the sample. The nicely will show a letter or a image to suggest the result.
Most swift tests are highly exact, but the outcomes are not generally as exact as normal lab tests.
Other names: swift diagnostic tests, RDT’s level-of-care tests