By Mayo Clinic Team
Scampi customarily refers to shrimp protected in butter. This model replaces half of the butter with olive oil.
Quantity of servings
- eight ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs . large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots or eco-friendly onions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Floor black pepper, to style
- 2 tablespoons brandy or sherry, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter
Fill a large pot 3/4 comprehensive with h2o and provide to a boil. Increase the pasta and cook in accordance to package directions. Drain the pasta carefully.
Although the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan more than medium heat. Increase the shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on every aspect. Transfer shrimp to a bowl and keep warm.
Increase garlic and shallots to the saucepan and cook till aromatic, about 10 seconds. Increase lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper, and brandy or sherry, if preferred.
Take away the saucepan from the heat. Increase the cooked shrimp additionally 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter. Toss till shrimp are coated with sauce.
Divide pasta among the warmed personal bowls. Best with shrimp and sauce. Serve straight away.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving sizing: 1 cup pasta and shrimp
- Full excess fat 12 g
- Calories 376
- Protein 36 g
- Cholesterol 254 mg
- Full carbohydrate 31 g
- Nutritional fiber 2 g
- Monounsaturated excess fat 6 g
- Saturated excess fat 4 g
- Added sugars g
- Sodium 344 mg
- Trans excess fat Trace
- Potassium 537 mg
- Full sugars 2 g
- Protein and dairy 1
- Fats 2.5
- Carbohydrates 2
- Meat and meat substitutes 3
- Fats 2.5
- Starches 2
- Grains and grain merchandise 2
- Meats, poultry and fish 3
- Fats and oils 2.5
Aug. 10, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Meals Lover’s Companion. 3rd ed. Barron’s Instructional Collection 2001:550.