By Mayo Clinic Workers
Stone-ground cornmeal is a excellent supply of vitamins and minerals, like fiber, vitamin C and potassium.
Range of servings
- 1 cup all-reason flour
- 1/four cup sugar
- two teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup unwanted fat-absolutely free milk
- four tablespoons (or 1/four cup) vegetable oil
- 1/two cup egg substitute
- 1 1/four cups stone-ground cornmeal
- 1 cup fresh or product-style corn
- 1/two eco-friendly bell pepper, chopped
Heat the oven to four hundred F. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
In a substantial bowl, incorporate the flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir to blend evenly.
In a separate bowl, combine the milk, oil, egg substitute, cornmeal, corn and eco-friendly pepper. Increase to the flour mixture and blend just until finally moistened but continue to a bit lumpy.
Divide the mixture amid the 12 muffin liners. Bake 20 minutes or until finally muffins are light-weight brown.
Dietary assessment for every serving
Serving sizing: 1 muffin
- Overall unwanted fat 5 g
- Energy 168
- Protein four g
- Cholesterol Trace
- Overall carbohydrate 26 g
- Dietary fiber 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated unwanted fat two g
- Saturated unwanted fat 1 g
- Potassium 128 mg
- Sodium 156 mg
- Trans unwanted fat g
- Additional sugars four g
- Overall sugars seven g
- Grains and grain merchandise two
- Fats and oils 1
Aug. ten, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Food items Lover’s Companion. third ed. Barron’s Academic Sequence 2001:165.