By Mayo Clinic Workers
Frittata is an Italian omelet with the components blended into the eggs fairly than staying folded within. This variation works by using egg whites rather of whole eggs to decrease the calories, unwanted fat and cholesterol.
Number of servings
- one/two inexperienced or pink bell pepper, diced
- 4 contemporary mushrooms, sliced (about one/two cup)
- 6 egg whites
- one/two cup salsa, reserve two tablespoons for garnish
- one/two cup shredded cheddar cheese
Heat the broiler. Placement the rack 4 inches from the heat resource.
Evenly coat a hefty, ovenproof skillet with cooking spray. Spot on the stove around medium heat and add peppers and mushrooms. Saute until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
In a tiny bowl, whisk collectively the egg whites and one/two cup of the salsa. Pour the egg white mixture into the skillet with the vegetables and prepare dinner until partly set, about 5 minutes. Never try to blend or scramble the mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Spot the skillet beneath the broiler and prepare dinner until the cheese is melted and eggs are set, about 5 minutes.
Divide the frittata in half and spoon on to specific plates. Garnish every single serving with one tablespoon salsa and provide instantly.
Dietary examination for every serving
Serving measurement: 50 % of frittata
- Whole unwanted fat 10 g
- Calories 189
- Protein 19 g
- Cholesterol thirty mg
- Whole carbohydrate 7 g
- Nutritional fiber two g
- Monounsaturated unwanted fat three g
- Saturated unwanted fat 5 g
- Trans unwanted fat Trace
- Sodium 699 mg
- Included sugars g
- Whole sugars 4 g
- Potassium 430 mg
- Protein and dairy one.5
- Greens one
- Meat and meat substitutes two
- Nonstarchy vegetables one
- Meats, poultry and fish one
- Greens one
- Dairy meals (reduced-unwanted fat or unwanted fat-free of charge) one
Aug. 10, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Food items Lover’s Companion. 3rd ed. Barron’s Educational Sequence 2001:250.