National Library of Drugs
Division of Health and fitness and Human Expert services, National Institutes of Health and fitness
CLOSING Day: January 16, 2022
Supervisory Librarian (DE) Work Announcement Amount: NIH-NLM-DE-22-11275184
You need to be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National to use. Ordinarily, candidates who are getting into Federal service for the very first time from the non-public sector will will need to use for delegated analyzing positions.
Supervisory Librarian (MP) Work Announcement Amount: NIH-NLM-MP-22-11274516
You need to be a current or previous federal personnel qualified to use less than advantage advertising strategies or if not be qualified as a status applicant (e.g., Veterans Employment Opportunity Act).
SUMMARY: This position is situated in the Division of Library Operations (DLO), National Library of Drugs. DLO selects, acquires, and catalogs biomedical publications furnishes reference and doc shipping and delivery solutions prepares and publishes indexes, and other publications for the use by the biomedical local community administers countrywide biomedical information and facts retrieval solutions supports medical terminology and well being knowledge specifications and coordinates the Network of the National Library of Drugs.
Obligations: As a Supervisory Librarian, you will:
- Prepare, direct, and present strategic leadership for cataloging and metadata management and mapping solutions for biomedical literature and other assets obtained for the NLM collection, like the generation and servicing of bibliographic and authority information according to countrywide specifications.
- Keep educated of new cataloging policies and methods and as relevant, introduce them into NLM workflows and strategies.
- With the help of subordinate supervisors, approach, direct, and supervise the functions of approximately 20 qualified librarians, complex information and facts experts and library complex support staff engaged in cataloging and supplying metadata management and mapping solutions.
- Examine subordinates make efficient variety tips for subordinate staff hear team grievances, serious personnel issues and disciplinary complications and just take initiative to take care of them.
- Immediate Portion participation in the growth, advancement, and use of automation support for cataloging and metadata management functions.
- Distribute machine-readable information in MARC, XML, as connected knowledge, and other standard local community formats.
- Oversee metadata mapping solutions which present knowledge to important interior NLM items such as PubMed and Electronic Collections.
- Oversee the growth, servicing, and publication of the NLM Classification.
- Provide as a complex authority and spokesperson on NLM cataloging, metadata and classification solutions, policies, and strategies.
- Take part in countrywide and intercontinental bibliographic handle packages and specifications growth.
- Represent the Library to numerous qualified groups and companies and create and retain contacts with crucial officers of the Library of Congress, OCLC, and other libraries and information and facts facilities.
Site: Bethesda, MD
Skills: In order to qualify for a Supervisory Librarian, GS-1410 position at the GS-fourteen degree, you need to have:
A. correctly accomplished at the very least 1 total academic year of graduate analyze in library science in an accredited college or university or college, in addition to completion of all do the job required for a bachelor’s diploma in any area OR
B. a complete of at the very least five decades of combined college or university-degree education and learning, instruction, and/or encounter. This education and learning, instruction, and/or encounter need to have offered you with a understanding and comprehension of the theories, concepts, and methods of qualified librarianship understanding of literature assets and the understanding and talents vital for supplying efficient library and information and facts solutions.
For a total listing of qualifications, visit the USAJOBS announcement.
Training: This position has an education and learning requirement. You are strongly encouraged to submit a duplicate of your transcripts (or a listing of your classes like titles, credit rating hrs accomplished and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be recognized in the software bundle. Formal transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to acquiring an formal offer.
For a total listing of academic necessities, visit the USAJOBS announcement.
Make sure you get in touch with Jennifer Marill, Main, Complex Expert services Division, at [email protected] with queries about the position.
Make sure you get in touch with Fettina Bryant, Human Resources Specialist, at [email protected] or 301-594-1921 with queries about the software process or status of the software.