One particular pan, nominal prep and a total good deal of flavour! This is a spending plan-welcoming vegetarian meal that is absolutely sure to be loved by the whole household.
For the cheese fans out there, insert some grated on major when the rice is sizzling for a dose of melted goodness. Plant-primarily based? Omit the bitter cream or substitute it with a vegan different. Of system, feel cost-free to load on the vegan cheese or dietary yeast also.
· 1 tbsp additional virgin olive oil
· ½ pink onion, finely diced
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 2 capsicum, sliced
· 1 400g (14.1oz) tin black beans, rinsed
· 1 cup frozen corn kernels
· 1 tbsp sweet paprika
· 2 tsp ground cumin
· 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
· 1 ½ cups vegetable stock
· 1 400g (14.1oz) tin tomatoes
· ½ cup bitter product, or plant-centered option
· 1 avocado, cubed
· ¼ cup sliced jalapenos, or chilli flakes
· ¼ bunch coriander, leaves picked
· Cheese of selection – possibly dairy or plant-centered alternate, grated or shredded (optional)
Warmth the olive oil in a non-adhere pan in excess of a medium warmth. Insert the purple onion and garlic to pan. Year generously with sea salt and black pepper and sauté for 4 minutes or until the onion commences to soften.
Add the capsicum, black beans, frozen corn, sweet paprika and cumin to the pan. Sauté for 3 minutes or right up until the spices are aromatic. Add the rice, vegetable inventory and tinned tomatoes and carry to the boil. Address with a restricted-fitting lid, lessen the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Transform the heat off and go away to rest for 10 minutes. Don’t remove the lid. Enabling the rice to relaxation will make certain the rice is thoroughly cooked.
Take out the lid and fluff the rice. Increase cheese if employing. Top with bitter product, avocado, jalapenos and coriander.