(BPRW) Group Healing Days 2021 TO Concentrate ON Emotional REPARATIONS FOR BLACK Individuals
(Black PR Wire) NEW HAVEN, CT — Group Healing Network has introduced the routine for the annual observance of Group Healing Days, coming up this weekend, October fifteen-seventeen. This year’s topic is: The Scenario for Emotional Reparations. Released in 2006 and endorsed by the late Dr. Maya Angelou, the celebration of Group Healing Days is intended to “put time for healing” at the major of the Black community’s agenda—healing, as Dr. Angelou claimed, “from the lies we have been explained to and the types we have explained to ourselves.”
Group Healing Days is one of a vary of approaches designed by CHN to mobilize Black persons across the African Diaspora to heal from, and extinguish, the lie that Black persons are inferior. “That lie,” claimed CHN Founder and President Enola G. Aird, “is the most powerful weapon ever shaped versus us, the root lead to of the distinct worries we confront as a persons, and the best crime versus our humanity. Until and until we absolutely free ourselves and our young children from this lie, our lives will proceed to be devalued and we will proceed to be dehumanized.”
The 3-working day Group Healing Days 2021 virtual celebration will feature:
one. On Friday, October fifteen, one:00-two:thirty pm, Jap time, Black Students Generating the Scenario for Emotional Reparations. Panelists will incorporate: Dr. Jameta Barlow, George Washington University Dr. Huberta Jackson-Lowman, Florida A & M University Dr. Onaje Muid, Male Co-Chair of N’COBRA’s Health Fee and Dr. Raymond Winbush, Morgan Point out University. They will target on the psychological problems triggered by the lie and what we can—and must—do to repair service it
two. On Saturday, October sixteen, one:00-two:00 pm, Jap time, An Hour of Emotional Refreshment with Dr. Jameta Barlow and
3. On Sunday, October seventeen, 3:00-4:thirty pm, Jap time, the presentation of the 2021 Group Healer Awards. This year’s honorees are:
• Rev. Odell Montgomery Cooper, author of Interruptions, a story about turning discomfort into intent
• Dr. Bernard Lafayette, Chair of the Southern Christian Management Conference
• Maysa Leak, American jazz singer
• Dr. Wizdom Powell, Director of the Health Fairness Institute at the University of Connecticut
• Rev. Dr. Robert Turner, Pastor of Historic Vernon AME Church in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and reparations activist
• The 2021 Countrywide Group Healer Award–N’COBRA: The Countrywide Coalition of Blacks for Reparations in America—Male Co-Chair Kamm Howard, and Feminine Co-Chair Queenmother Mashariki Jywanza
• The 2021 World wide Group Healer Award–Her Excellency Ambassador Arikana Chihombori-Quao, M.D., former Ambassador of the African Union to the United States, and Founder and President of the African Diaspora Advancement Institute (ADDI).
# # #
Group Healing Network is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit business focused solely on mobilizing Black persons across the African Diaspora to heal from, and close, the trauma triggered by the lie of White superiority and Black inferiority—told centuries back to justify the enslavement of Africans and the exploitation of Africa. CHN’s around expression intention is to make 2020 to 2030 the Decade to Embrace the Reality of Black Humanity.
For much more details, please stop by https://conta.cc/3v2PrAl
Nia Campinha-Bacote, CHN Group Manager, [email protected]
The content material and viewpoints expressed within just this press launch are individuals of the author(s) and/or represented firms, and are not always shared by Black PR Wire. The author(s) and/or represented firms are entirely responsible for the points and the accuracy of the content material of this Push launch. Black PR Wire reserves the appropriate to reject a press launch if, in the view of Black PR Wire, the content material of the launch is unsuitable for distribution.