By Mayo Clinic Staff
For a various taste, you can substitute white, butter or lima beans for chickpeas and one teaspoon toasted floor cumin seeds for the paprika.
Number of servings
- Healthy carb
- Small Extra fat
- two cans (sixteen ounces each individual) lowered-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained apart from for one/4 cup liquid
- one tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- one/4 cup lemon juice
- two garlic cloves, minced
- one/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- one/4 teaspoon paprika
- three tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)*
- two tablespoons chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
*Be aware: If you require to comply with a gluten-totally free diet, check out the label to make guaranteed the brand name of tahini is gluten-totally free.
Applying a blender or food items processor, puree the chickpeas. Insert the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, paprika, tahini and parsley. Blend effectively.
Insert the reserved liquid, one tablespoon at a time, until finally the combination has the regularity of a thick distribute.
Serve straight away or include and refrigerate until finally ready to serve.
Dietary examination for each serving
Serving measurement: one/4 cup
- Energy 88
- Whole unwanted fat 4 g
- Saturated unwanted fat
- Trans unwanted fat g
- Monounsaturated unwanted fat two g
- Cholesterol mg
- Sodium eighty mg
- Whole carbohydrate nine g
- Nutritional fiber three g
- Whole sugars two g
- Additional sugars g
- Protein 4 g
- Starches one
- Meat and meat substitutes one
- Nuts, seeds and dry beans one/two